Hello Blog World,
I'm fresh on the writing chopping block and I think there are a few things I should clarify:
1. I am not a writer. I tried, I really did and coming from a mother who loves the power of the written word, I at least appreciate this art.
2. This was started as a school project. It was an idea I've had for a while so I believe this was the necessary push to get me started.
3. While some of these posts will be school related, the intention is to have this blossom into something more, but that's a topic for a later date.
Now that that's been laid on the table, I guess it's time to get started and segway to a completely different story.
A second beginning
After a couple of ups and downs and some obstacles in my path, I have finally found the career path that seems perfect for me; marketing. This is my second attempt as a full-time student being trained for a particular career field and for now it seems to have been the best decision made by far. The first attempt was a big learning curve and a not-so positive but very fruitful experience.
At this point, I am finishing my studies and will be graduating by December. Being in class at this moment means I have successfully finished my Co-op work term which brings me to what I really need to be writing about today; my co-op experience.
For those that don't know what a co-op is, it is basically an internship with a couple of tweaks. It can be paid, unpaid but a certain minimum hours have to be completed and the work being done has to be related to each individual's field of study. While courses and professors give tools to help gain a co-op, it is the responsibility of the student to do the leg work to get hired for a co-op.
While some of my peers' experiences have not gone the way they wanted. I was blessed. I was hired quite quickly and I loved the environment I was in. It was positive, encouraging and the team I worked with respected my ideas and contributions as much as I did theirs. I enjoyed working there more than anywhere else and I wasn't even getting paid at this point. Again I was blessed, and in the end I was hired to join the team.
We spend the majority of our day with our peers at work, so the environment is extremely important and from my experience, can directly affect performance. This was a chance at my fresh start and so far, I am exactly where I want to be.
Actually, I love the way you write.
ReplyDelete