Friday, 14 November 2014

Find It Fridays: Lea & Perrins

Seasoning Ingredient,Lea and Perrin

It is to red and white meats, what butter is to anything. Worcestershire Sauce has been the source of many tongue-tying jokes (for foodies and chefs alike) but the taste it adds to your meats is anything but funny. So what is this amazing elixir and where can one find it in Toronto?

Worcestershire Sauce, or Wooster Sauce as my mom affectionately calls it, was and is, a must have in my family's and my kitchen cupboards. As www.leaperrins.com mentions proudly on its home page, ' ...(lea & perrin)is cholesterol free, fat free, preservative free, gluten free and has 80% less sodium than soy sauce.' It also consists of many ingredients, all of which can be pronounced without effort.

This bottle gets pulled out when I am doing marinades for meats and poultry and also to season stews and soups. 


Where to find it:

Thankfully, it being such a popular product, and made by Heinz, I have found this product in every major grocery store I have visited such as (click on each store name for location and more information)


I am certain it can be found in more stores but these are the ones I know for sure stock it on their shelves. Sizes can range from 142ml to 568ml with a pretty good shelf life (always check bottle, prior to purchasing, just in case). However if you go through this stuff like I do, shelf life will not be an issue.

So there it is, one bottle, many uses, and a depth of flavour. Start pouring and get to cooking!

Stay tuned next Friday for the latest addition on Find It Fridays





No comments:

Post a Comment